Night Owls Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Event Specifics..

+5
wvcountrygirl
DogManDan
IMPORTRACER
Piper Archer
NATE1993
9 posters

Go down

Event Specifics.. Empty Event Specifics..

Post by NATE1993 Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:46 pm

This event was designed for the N.O.S vs Teku Challenge Series.. The rules for this event are simple..

1. Be Respectful of others

2. If you get tagged and/or found don't complain just takeyou turn as being "it" and have fun doing it

3. Just have fun!!

How to play:

1. 1 (or maybe 2 people. Depending on amount of people) will be the "it" person and has to try and find and tag another member.

2. If you get hit (sidewiped, rammed or any body contact) You are "it"

3. Must chase other participants until you tag someone

Other important info (Need help deciding on which one of these we should use) You all get to decide the way we do things!! The items with the most support wins! Or if both have a consderable amount of support we wll compromise.

1. Should we try glitched tracks, Free Roam tag and/or try both types.

2. If we do a Free Roam Hide and Seek Tag, Should we have a Time limit? Or unlimited time?

3. Should we limit each event to a specific Tier? (Less people would play but the tag would be more fair due to smiliar Tiers and somewhat similar performance)

Thats all of the Info everyone... If you'd like to participate please leave your NFSW In game name, your Time Zone, what time you are usually on NFSW (in your time) and what days you are on the most. Thank you all..

I look forward to seeing some people participating. Its going to be a fun time.

P.S. You do NOT have to be with only your specific crew member (only N.O.S members or only Teku members) This event is made for all of us to join forces and work together. Thats all. Thank you

Last edited by NATE1993 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:48 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot Description)
NATE1993
NATE1993
NOG Forums Regular
NOG Forums Regular

Back to top Go down

Event Specifics.. Empty Re: Event Specifics..

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:13 pm

Stupisfsh, GMT +0 and from 5:30pm till10pm or on weekends: all day

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Archer Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:00 pm

PIPERARCHER, Eastern Time, I'm on every so often. Just let me know when this event is and I'll try to join it. I've always wanted to do free roam tag/hide and seek. Smile
Piper Archer
Piper Archer
NOG Senior Member
NOG Senior Member

http://www.nogcommunity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IMPORTRACER Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:09 pm

How are supposed to tag each other if we go threw each other cars like ghost's??
IMPORTRACER
IMPORTRACER
NOG Forums Big Poster
NOG Forums Big Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:22 pm

Glitch out of a race?

Back to top Go down

Post by NATE1993 Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:53 pm

Ok everyone thanks for entering.. And you have a good point. We would have to use glitched races. I forgot that you go through the other racers.. There will be further noticce one the event date. Thank you.
NATE1993
NATE1993
NOG Forums Regular
NOG Forums Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by DogManDan Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:04 pm

What is this glitched thing everyone is talking about? I have never ever seen or used a glitch..... Razz Razz Embarassed What a Face TTYL
DogManDan
DogManDan
Site Founder/Admin
Site Founder/Admin

http://people.ign.com/nog-dogmandan http://www.nogcommunity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:10 pm

@Dogmandan, The glitch where you reverse at the start of the -=----=-- track and then can roam the world without and cops are NPC cars.

Back to top Go down

Post by DogManDan Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:17 pm

First I was joking Fishy, 2nd I removed the track name you posted. Certain things need to not ever be posted on the forums as things get around real quick and you will find that open track today will be locked the next.
DogManDan
DogManDan
Site Founder/Admin
Site Founder/Admin

http://people.ign.com/nog-dogmandan http://www.nogcommunity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:26 pm

Sorry, I am not very good at spotting sarcastic comments.

Back to top Go down

Post by wvcountrygirl Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:57 am

I want in just let me know on every nite. Event Specifics.. 1432768942
wvcountrygirl
wvcountrygirl
NOG Forums Regular
NOG Forums Regular

Back to top Go down

Event Specifics.. Empty me

Post by COLTSDUDE1000 Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:41 pm

coltsdude1000, eastern time, 3:00 to 10:30 pm, and Saturday after 6:30 pm and sunday all day.
COLTSDUDE1000
COLTSDUDE1000
NOG Lunatic
NOG Lunatic

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/26130521.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by HydraZero Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:51 am

I'm in, nut the only problem with doing this on a track is that the map can be used. It's not hard to spot the one motionless car on the map.
HydraZero
HydraZero
N.O.G. MODERATOR
N.O.G. MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieShark Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:55 am

Be ready for a very very very long post full of suggestions and ideas on the topic lol

1. Should we try glitched tracks, Free Roam tag and/or try both types.

Glitched tracks would make it easier, as it would limit the numbers of dots on the minimap to just those in the race. Also it would make it so you could see others on the main map... (Good for Tag, VERY Bad for Hide n' Seek) Might make tag better due to no random cops messing things up.

--Also if its Free Roam Hide n' Seek, try and make it so people who are being found have 1 free vinyl spot on the car they are useing, so they can make their car rather easily seen if found. Would make it very difficult finding 6 randomly designed cars in a huge city zone with 23423 other cars around all having random vinyls. I know its -"Hide N' Seek"- but it shouldn't be impossible... Ever tried to find a dev during an event. And they usually have unique cars and its still hard without teleporting to someone who hasn't already found them (or seeing people mention it on chat)

--(That being said, having those being found a unique color wouldn't make it much easier to find if they hide int he right spots... Would make it just easier for those finding not to drive 2 feet away from them and not see them...
Imagin that in real life, playing hide n' seek and you walk right past the guy because he is "painted" like the other 20 trees around him. Great for an idea... but what average person is going to do that lol.

2. If we do a Free Roam Hide and Seek Tag, Should we have a Time limit? Or unlimited time?
Time limit per rounds would be good. If its Crew vs Crew then how about best out of 5, each being up to 10 minutes. (less if all are found)

3. Should we limit each event to a specific Tier? (Less people would play but the tag would be more fair due to smiliar Tiers and somewhat similar performance)
Limit them to tiers, and make certain cars not allowed... Like if its tier 1... No Golf... If its tier 2, No A1. As those are really a tier under what they should be.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also may I suggest for "tag" or maybe a future event called "crew vs crew tag" Make it start with 1 person on each crew asthe person tagged. For easier explaining we'll call them the "Hunters". And the other 3 people in their crew be those being hunted by the other crew's hunter. We'll call them "Targets" for the same reason.

The hunter has one goal... Tag all the Targets on the other crew's team. The first Hunter who tags all the other team's Targets wins that round.

The Targets have two goals. One... Avoid the other crew's hunter AT ALL COSTS. And two... Give their hunter heads up on locations of other crew's Targets. They can do this by chasing them, or just saying "I saw them at my location. I'm the one farthest north!" and such.
WARNING
If you chose to chase another team's target while you are a target... They may tell their hunter they are being chased, which could cause your little plan to backfire Razz

Hunters gets a car ONE tier higher than the Targets, again this would mean Targets don't get tier 3... but its worth it. (Golf, A1, etc not allowed as usual lol) Using this way if a Hunter does see you... You better know how to drive! AND YOU BETTER DRIVE YOUR BOOTY OFF!
Best way to do this... is have each crew on voice chat in their own separate lobbies on the Teamspeak. But chances are not everyone would use it, or want to... but it would make for the best way to communicate/find people/find out if that car coming up on you very fast is a friendly or a hunter...)

If caught by a hunter, you must drive to the "Jail" which will be designated before the event. This would keep hunters from being distracted by already caught Targets. (random spot picked on the map" and must wait and bow their head in shame for being caught! Razz All in fun of coarse.

MAP USAGE MUST NOT BE ALLOWED
I know there would be no true way to tell if someone is using it or not... but it would be nice to know people can be trusted not to hit that M key Smile Would make the event TONS more fun.

Also all events like "tag" and "hide n' seek" should be limited to certain areas of the World only. Otherwise you're gonna have one really... really... REALLY... long crazy event that probably wont ever end lol. Or maybe even start... if its to big those who are tagged/finding others might never find the 5-6 people hiding lol. Make it zone based like the Gem hunts are.

OH last suggestion and VERY important one.
If you are going to do Crew vs Crew like this. Be sure everyone in said crew has at least 1 free vinyl spot on their car so they can make a square stretch ALL the way over their car (So we can have all red cars, and all blue cars, or any color thats easily see and not confusing) (Hunters may need 2 free Vinyl slots. One for a big stripe down their car or something showing they are the predator)
ZombieShark
ZombieShark
NOG Senior Member
NOG Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COLTSDUDE1000 Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:41 am

so are we going to set a time to do it?
COLTSDUDE1000
COLTSDUDE1000
NOG Lunatic
NOG Lunatic

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/26130521.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:52 am

im in let me know when it is sounds like fun.
Prometheus
Prometheus
NOG Forums Newbie
NOG Forums Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down