Night Owls Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Initial Feedback from VIP early access

Go down

Initial Feedback from VIP early access Empty Initial Feedback from VIP early access

Post by DogManDan Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:10 pm

So I logged into GRO last night and was amazed at how many people did not reach the level 20 "Elite" cap, and even fewer that ever reached the triple 30's "Super Elite" cap. I only made it to Elite gaining me my extra rewards. The avatar/icon really stands out.

Now for my follow up on things that have occured. Major map changes throughout new area opened that were closed, a lot harder to hide/snipe, revamped Towers map making the "C" capture point much harder to take, improved graphics, and some new features in the menu system.

Noticable new things:
- Video tutorials going through almost anything you would want to learn before playing
- Raised loot drop increases (Yeah)
- Higher XP & RP gains at the finish of a round
- 2 round Conquest maps are back making some matches go 30-45min in length. (Ran 2 last night and OMG so much fun)
- 50% XP & RP boost box available, but for ghost coins only. It gives you 7 days of use, is able to be removed and put in storage to other hold when you next want to use it or to switch it to on of you other characters. Myself and others who tested the GC's have already purchased and are using it
- Much better matchmaker system
- Improved stability, still minor lag when using Fraps
- Grenade box, which gives you 25 grenades with the possiblity of getting 100 in the box (I got one and landed 65 grenades from it)

Right now the GC system is not active and I would assume it will go live when they start Open beta next week, but this give some of us a clear early advantage. See it requires 1150 GCs to get the boost box and the rewards given just don't cut it so the few who we able to test the system in CB now have enough to get it.

Here is the calculation GC tester + 20% reward for testing + beta reward = A lot of GCs

So I have already used some to buy an immediate weapon upgrade, and armor upgrade. Anyone can purchase the stuff with RP, but they have to accrue them during the matches first. They are level capped so only a limited amount of weapons are available so don't expect to see a P90 (level 30 gun) on a level 1 player.

Now then my GCs will last a while because in beta I had the opportunity to test a lot of different weapons and know which upgrade path to take on the characters. It is however feasible to stay with the original weapons and never upgrade as the more you use a weapon the better your proficiency/accuracy/critial damge becomes. WHen buying a new weapon it starts all over again.

Currently I am at level 8 Recon after only having played for about 3 hours between last night and this morning before work. I am confident I will be look at level 20 by the time the open beta rolls around, though I may need to decicate some time to my other 2 characters as well dwhile using my boost box.

Last if you don't see me much this week you know where I am Smile and I hope that some of you will be ready to join when it goes OB.
DogManDan
DogManDan
Site Founder/Admin
Site Founder/Admin

http://people.ign.com/nog-dogmandan http://www.nogcommunity.com

Back to top Go down