Night Owls Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing Server Shards to Need for Speed World

+11
MetalDragon
Afgaadhs
HydraZero
cchen
TheShotsii
XKJGX
SwiftDrift27
rodtard
Daxtron
COLTSDUDE1000
DogManDan
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Introducing Server Shards to Need for Speed World - Page 2 Empty Re: Introducing Server Shards to Need for Speed World

Post by HydraZero Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:37 pm

Hmmmm, now we can create new divisions of our crews. A division for each shard. I may create am IGC only account on one.
HydraZero
HydraZero
N.O.G. MODERATOR
N.O.G. MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Introducing Server Shards to Need for Speed World - Page 2 Empty Re: Introducing Server Shards to Need for Speed World

Post by Afgaadhs Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:10 pm

So, they're introducing groups of servers called "shards", and we can swap between servers on a single "shard" whenever we want, but in new "shard's", we have to start from scratch. Am I right so far?
Afgaadhs
Afgaadhs
NOG Forums Newbie
NOG Forums Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by XKJGX Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:34 am

Afgaadhs wrote:So, they're introducing groups of servers called "shards", and we can swap between servers on a single "shard" whenever we want, but in new "shard's", we have to start from scratch. Am I right so far?

Yes, you are correct.
basically, nothing will change for the people that where here already. Except for maybe less lag.
XKJGX
XKJGX
N.O.G. MODERATOR
N.O.G. MODERATOR

http://nfskjg.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by COLTSDUDE1000 Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:41 am

NFSKJG wrote:
Introducing Server Shards to Need for Speed World - Page 2 Infogr10

Nice, now i understand it, but me personaly, am not going to probably go to the new servers because it will be all noobs or at least for a little while and i cant race my original account.
COLTSDUDE1000
COLTSDUDE1000
NOG Lunatic
NOG Lunatic

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/26130521.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by Afgaadhs Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:52 am

NFSKJG wrote:
Afgaadhs wrote:So, they're introducing groups of servers called "shards", and we can swap between servers on a single "shard" whenever we want, but in new "shard's", we have to start from scratch. Am I right so far?

Yes, you are correct.
basically, nothing will change for the people that where here already. Except for maybe less lag.

I'll still lag to everyone else. The disadvantages from playing from Australia, I'm afraid.
Afgaadhs
Afgaadhs
NOG Forums Newbie
NOG Forums Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalDragon Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:20 am

Well really its just a new way EA has found to Shard us Wink
MetalDragon
MetalDragon
NOG Senior Member
NOG Senior Member

http://www.dragonsoftherose.com

Back to top Go down

Introducing Server Shards to Need for Speed World - Page 2 Empty My respond on teh FB page for them

Post by Tig3r_Osb()rn Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:54 am

Personally i Agree and Disagree with but EA u do what u want we have adapted to what u throw at us and no matter what u do i will not spend other dime on this and if my black chevelle losing it horsepower i will hunt u down i promise u that 423 power better be there when i log in tomorrow and it was made NA sever and reborn on EU on one reason it wasnt finish on the NA is cause NA had alot hackers....Ty Have A Nice =D , Oh I will so fucking piss excuse my language but my gut tell this can be and will be bad for us players i hope they like hosing us even more this cont i going be getting my daily and buying cars that's freaking it no more racing for me
Tig3r_Osb()rn
Tig3r_Osb()rn
NOG Forums Regular
NOG Forums Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by THEPUNISHER20 Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:59 am

WOW!!!
The dev's complicated all the servers, and shards (there were non, till now!),
if Im understood, all the "old" drivers that created befor the Shards update will be at
the Apex Shard? and the "new", that created after the update, will be at 2,3,4.

we can creat there new drivers?
THEPUNISHER20
THEPUNISHER20
NOG Maniac Poster
NOG Maniac Poster

Back to top Go down

Introducing Server Shards to Need for Speed World - Page 2 Empty hate'n on the haters ( or ones that say nfsw is going to die )

Post by Sake_Chun Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:03 am

Ok, so.... all our accounts are in apex ( you can switch from na to eu) and now they open up other apex shards so.... this will i guess create less stress on the apex server... meaning the other shards ( and maybe the main apex shard) will have not as much lag, and if one shard is down, another can run... they work on different shards for updates at different times so this is officially a 24/7 game instead of them having the updates and you cant get in on maintenance...

well from what i wrote above this^^^^^ i can say.... doesn't that make you want to create a racer in every apex so we wont have chance of lag?... we have site forums to tell where we are at, and we can talk on vintrillo if need be... hmm... world might do well with this if played correctly...

optimistic towards nfsw for one reason.... there is no other game like this at all! by this i mean the graphics are way above 99% over all other free racing games ( even some pay ones) the game play is great, and addictive ( if it wasn't for lagging, which i think this will fix, and cheaters,hacking etc... which seems they can get to faster and kick off if more of these shards)and the great community's centered around nfsw.

i don't think nfsw shutting down at all, it is still breathing, so stop saying it going to die!!!! by the way i predict nfsw to be here for another year at least, and we will all be laughing at how nfsw was... ( i can hope, and this is what i hope... they fix nfsw bad moments, keep 90% of the game that is good to great... what else can i say?....)

Long Live NFSW!
Sake_Chun
Sake_Chun
NOG Lunatic
NOG Lunatic

https://www.photobucket.com/sakevids

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxtron Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:14 am

Time to clarify things.

Effectively, there has always been one shard - the one we all play on right now. It's split into 2 servers/regions - EU and NA - and we've not been able to race against players if they've been logged on in different servers/regions. After this update we will be able to race against anyone, so long as they're on the same shard.

Until a new shard is brought online, nothing else will be changing. EA isn't altering any cars, they haven't announced any modifications or additions to tracks, any drivers you have will be the same and any new ones you make on your account will be in the same place as your existing ones.

Things will only change when a new shard comes online. If you choose to log into a different shard, other than the one your existing drivers are on, you'll have to start from scratch. This means, when a 2nd shard comes online, you'll be able to have 6 drivers and as each new shard comes online, you'll be able to have 3 more, brand new drivers.

It's been confirmed that the driver names you have currently will not be able to be replicated on other shards, so if you choose to stick with just one shard, there won't be someone with your driver name elsewhere - you are unique and so will your drivers be.
Daxtron
Daxtron
N.O.G. MODERATOR
N.O.G. MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by DogManDan Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:49 am

Daxtron wrote:Time to clarify things.

If you choose to log into a different shard, other than the one your existing drivers are on, you'll have to start from scratch. This means, when a 2nd shard comes online, you'll be able to have 6 drivers and as each new shard comes online, you'll be able to have 3 more, brand new drivers.

It's been confirmed that the driver names you have currently will not be able to be replicated on other shards, so if you choose to stick with just one shard, there won't be someone with your driver name elsewhere - you are unique and so will your drivers be.

But I already have 5 drivers. I would love to be able to transfer my alts to other servers so that I would not have to start over Hmmm I wonder if that will be possible somehow.......
DogManDan
DogManDan
Site Founder/Admin
Site Founder/Admin

http://people.ign.com/nog-dogmandan http://www.nogcommunity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AMRES Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:01 am

Basically, a shard is just a server. Your driver data is not shared between these shards but gifts and such are available for redemption on ANY shard. Once redeemed, that gift will be specific to that shard.

So we've been playing on the APEX shard [the name given to the server] all this time now. Things will only change when a new shard comes online. And when a new shard comes online, I'll be there to reserve my driver's name. Cool

But I already have 5 drivers. I would love to be able to transfer my alts to other servers so that I would not have to start over Hmmm I wonder if that will be possible somehow.......
I doubt you would be able to transfer your driver data to another server. My assumption is that if players request for their drivers to be transferred onto another server, then that would be way too many driver transfers working simultaneously. I don't know if they can simply replicate all of our driver data onto other servers.
AMRES
AMRES
NOG Forums Regular
NOG Forums Regular

http://rg.invisionzone.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxtron Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:15 pm

DogManDan wrote:But I already have 5 drivers. I would love to be able to transfer my alts to other servers so that I would not have to start over Hmmm I wonder if that will be possible somehow.......

For the time being, no. There have been questions about whether there will be an option to maybe transfer drivers either once a month or after a 24 hour waiting period using a gradual transfer method, but this doesn't seem likely. There's already a lot of lag on the current server/shard, so having to move large amounts of data whilst continuing to handle as many users as the game has, might put even more strain on the systems; the idea of having shards is actually trying to prevent and relieve this issue.

In regards to driver names, your driver name is already taken by YOU. There won't be an option to register the name you already use on one shard because you've already taken it. This is to prevent people trolling or abusing the system. If someone attempts to register with a taken name, they'll simply be told it's taken and will have to pick another. Of course, unless there's a name you've always thought about using that hasn't yet been taken, there wouldn't be a need to rush out and reserve a name.

As for gifts, I'd really hope they allow redemption of gifts on EACH shard that we have drivers on. It's unlikely, but you never know!
Daxtron
Daxtron
N.O.G. MODERATOR
N.O.G. MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by XKJGX Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:35 pm

I got my old driver name back "XKJGX" and I'm hoarding it on my NFSKJG account and once a new shard comes online, I'm deleting it here and making it there.
(the name is no longer taken [finally deleted? or due to speed api reset?] as I got banned with it back in beta due to constant swearing)
XKJGX
XKJGX
N.O.G. MODERATOR
N.O.G. MODERATOR

http://nfskjg.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2