Night Owls Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Server Shard Coming to Need for Speed World

Go down

New Server Shard Coming to Need for Speed World Empty New Server Shard Coming to Need for Speed World

Post by DogManDan Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:43 pm

A while ago we announced that Need for Speed World was going to be implementing server shards to the game. Tomorrow the second shard, aptly named ‘“Chicane”, will become available for players to play on.

Some very important information that the community needs to be aware of:

Will the Chicane shard have any effect on my Driver(s) on the Apex shard?
The addition of the second shard will NOT have any impact on your existing account / drivers on the Apex shard. As long as you log into the original shard (“Apex”) all your drivers will be there just like they were before the patch.

Can I log into the Chicane shard?
Any player can log into to and play on any shard they want. The Chicane shard is a completely new server; therefore, if you log into it you’ll have to create new driver(s) FOR THAT SHARD. Again, your original drivers will not be affected even if you create new drivers on the Chicane shard.

Can I communicate in the game with players on the other shard?
You can only communicate with players who are playing on the same shard as you.

Can my Performance / Visual parts, Skill Mods and in-game cash be shared across the two shards?
Your Performance / Visual parts, Skill Mods inventories and in-game cash balance is specific to each shard. This means that you will have separate inventories and cash balance; each specific to a shard.

Can my SpeedBoost be shared across the two shards?
Any SpeedBoost balance & unclaimed gifts are available on any Shards/Regions.

What about my Friends List?
Your Friends List is specific to each Shard. This means that you will have a different friends list for each shard.

Can new players play on the Apex shard?
Any player can log into to and play on any shard they want. This means that players who have drivers on the Apex can log into and play on the Chicane shard but they will need to create new drivers for that shard.

Can I move my drivers from one shard to another?
At this time there is no way to move drivers from one shard to another.

For further information on the server shards are please read the FAQ here. We encourage everyone to read through the forum thread as it contains a lot of information about the server shards.
DogManDan
DogManDan
Site Founder/Admin
Site Founder/Admin

http://people.ign.com/nog-dogmandan http://www.nogcommunity.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum