Night Owls Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ventrilo Voice Server

Go down

Ventrilo Voice Server  Empty Ventrilo Voice Server

Post by DogManDan Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:00 pm

A new server has been setup that is now located in the USA. THis was done to help reduce the majority of members higher ping rates as well as looking for some stability with the servers based on extra random downtimes in the old UK location.

To access the Ventrilo you will need to speak with myself or Scott (Kypex) regarding entry. There are some new rules for access and are subject to changewithout notice:

#1 - Must be a active community member on the forums/in games. By active I mean not just registered and never have posted (exceptions are made based on game, age, personal friendship, boss, etc)

#2 - You must own a headset/Mic to have access. If you can't speak while on the voice server than you have no business being there to be honest. We don't have time to read the chat window while doing other things.

#3 - When granted access you have be allowed in the main area only until it has been determined you fit well with the core group and can access the restricted area. (Some members may not ever get this access based on age, game related play)

#4 - Ventrilo is paid on a monthly basis and is a premium service in this community. Do not ever think that you have the right/deserve access to this feature just because you are a regular member here. If you want to be granted immediate permanent access than feel free to open your wallet and donate to help fund it through the links provided in the sidebar of the site. If you can't pay than you will be placed on the list to determine if you should have access based on many different factors.

#5 - We are adults on the server and there is no restriction to the type of comments, language, etc that is on there. If you are easily offended by jokes, banter, or foul language don't vother asking for access.

#6 - I/we will not hold back from banning/removing you from the voice server if you go overboard or get far out of line. We work hard all day and don't need to babysit at night. If you start shit on the vent and an Admin warns you to stop don't come bitchin when you get locked out. This applies to everyone, don't ever think because you are a good friend or a leader that it can't happen to you!

#7 - When joining and entering a game room/lobby make sure to wait before you just speak over another conversation that is going on. I/we particularly do not like this sign of immediate disrepect to others and it may cause you to be removed.

#8 - Unless you are an Admin do not at anytime get it in your head that you have a right to ask who someone is and determine whether they should be there or not. Simply put to not try act like an Admin if you are not one.

#9 - Age restricted voice server is now back in affect. 16yrs or older no questions, if's, ands, or but's about it.

#10 - If someone joins the community and confronts you for the information make sure to direct them at myself or Kypex. Without our permission verbally anyone caught giving out the information with loose the access privledge regardless of any donations you may have made.

Your current Admins on Ventrilo are as follows:

Ventrilo Owner - Kypex
Ventrilo Co-Owner - DogManDan
Ventrilo Admins - Axles, Daxtron, LostShadow
DogManDan
DogManDan
Site Founder/Admin
Site Founder/Admin

http://people.ign.com/nog-dogmandan http://www.nogcommunity.com

Back to top Go down