Night Owls Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round the NFS World Hot Lap

+5
XKJGX
Sake_Chun
MetalDragon
SwiftDrift27
Daxtron
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round the NFS World Hot Lap Empty Round the NFS World Hot Lap

Post by Daxtron Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:00 am

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, step right up for the longest lap in NFSW! If you've ever wanted to test your skills as a driver and also see just how good your cars really are, then this is the event for you. Or, if you just want to have some fun then its all good too.

The track:
Round the NFS World Hot Lap 8945658e1-1

The course is marked clearly in blue. The out of bounds areas are marked clearly in red. The start/finish line is at the end of the road leading from Silverton and is marked as a green line. Almost every turn is a right turn with 3 exeptions. There are 3 green circles clearly marking these - 1st is just after the Verona Tunnel, 2nd is at the Exhibition Centre and the 3rd circle is just after The Projects. This last one marks that you should not turn at all, and instead continue straight. If in doubt, the video of me completing the run is almost exactly 17 minutes is at the bottom of this post.

The rules are simple and as follows:
1. Any tier car is allowed and can be modified in any way you wish*.
2. No powerups to be used at all. Doing so will invalidate your entry. It doesn't matter if you crash into a wall or hit some traffic, there are no excuses.
3. Missing out sections or other deviations from the course will also invalidate your entry.
4. Your run should be recorded via any means you wish. If you are unable to take videos, please note on the map where the pink circles are. At these points you will need to take a screenshot of you going through them to help prove your time. Remember: I know roughly when you should pass these, so please don't try to cheat (although I don't think any of you peeps would do that)
5. Your run MUST be completed in normal free roam, although you will be allowed to have free roam filter on if you so wish.
6. Images and videos should not be edited in any way, with the only exception to doubling the speed of a video.
7. You will only attempt this lap in an anti-clockwise direction.
8. The competition is only currently open to NOG members. It does not matter if you're in a crew or not.

Thats about it. I don't yet have a prize for this competition, but that may change. I'll leave this challenge open for a while so that it gives everyone a chance to not only practice the course, but to also record and post it.

*I was going to seperate the tiers to have a leaderboard for each one, but after running a 16:18.10 in my 911 GT2, and 16:27.67 in my Eclipse GS-T, the times should be fairly close anyway.

[center][color=#ffffff]
LEADERBOARD

1. Daxtron - 15:24.0 - Lamborghini Murcielago LP-670 SV

Last edited by Daxtron on Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:58 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : 1 more rule added, Leaderboard added)
Daxtron
Daxtron
N.O.G. MODERATOR
N.O.G. MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Round the NFS World Hot Lap Empty Re: Round the NFS World Hot Lap

Post by SwiftDrift27 Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:10 am

I may give a shot at it but lag always happens when I take a turn for some reason so i'm not sure.
SwiftDrift27
SwiftDrift27
NOG Maniac Poster
NOG Maniac Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalDragon Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:52 pm

I will give this a shot soon, will just point my digital camera at screen and record it XD
MetalDragon
MetalDragon
NOG Senior Member
NOG Senior Member

http://www.dragonsoftherose.com

Back to top Go down

Round the NFS World Hot Lap Empty hmmm

Post by Sake_Chun Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:18 pm

i will give this a try ( i might just record it but laptop cant so might use video recorder)

if cant find recorder, will have to use screenshots because i just found out nfsw uses 97% of my computer.... anything else is extra...D:
Sake_Chun
Sake_Chun
NOG Lunatic
NOG Lunatic

https://www.photobucket.com/sakevids

Back to top Go down

Post by XKJGX Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:26 pm

MetalDragon wrote:I will give this a shot soon, will just point my digital camera at screen and record it XD

Same here, I'll shut off group and race invites as well as turn on social filter. I ♥ My Digital camera
XKJGX
XKJGX
N.O.G. MODERATOR
N.O.G. MODERATOR

http://nfskjg.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DogManDan Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:43 pm

I am in. Maybe I might make a fun one around NFSW in my stock Mazda 3 Speed Smile .......
DogManDan
DogManDan
Site Founder/Admin
Site Founder/Admin

http://people.ign.com/nog-dogmandan http://www.nogcommunity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by THEPUNISHER20 Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:40 am

Very nice race and track you got here, Im play endurance races from half houre till 4,5,6 houres!!
I think its going to be quite easy..

I talked with some drivers about the Ginnes record game called- FUEL,
Post apocalips (nature) at the biggest map EVER!!! 12000 square K"M..
here are some videos of endurance races.. enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C25WROcV18U&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLFA032B55F26A4498

note-Some of them very!! boring..

finished-time-17 minutes, 50.62 seconds.. car-Corvette Z06.

there are almost 40 pictures.. do you want it in E-Mail?
THEPUNISHER20
THEPUNISHER20
NOG Maniac Poster
NOG Maniac Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxtron Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:07 am

Wait, do you mean 40 screenshots of you doing the lap? You only needed to take 9, and even then it was only where the pink circles on the map are.

If you have 9 screenshots of you going through the points I marked on the map, you can just post them on here - I use photobucket to host them and then link the pictures to the thread.

Anyway, once a couple more people post some times, I'll start making the league Smile
Daxtron
Daxtron
N.O.G. MODERATOR
N.O.G. MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by THEPUNISHER20 Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:06 am

Round the NFS World Hot Lap Nfsw0016

Round the NFS World Hot Lap Nfsw0017

Round the NFS World Hot Lap Nfsw0018

Round the NFS World Hot Lap Nfsw0117

Round the NFS World Hot Lap Nfsw0118

Round the NFS World Hot Lap Nfsw0212

Round the NFS World Hot Lap Nfsw0213

Round the NFS World Hot Lap Nfsw0310

Round the NFS World Hot Lap Nfsw0311

Round the NFS World Hot Lap Nfsw0312

Round the NFS World Hot Lap Nfsw0313

(the turn at main road of RoseWood didn't capture, took legal shortcut)
THEPUNISHER20
THEPUNISHER20
NOG Maniac Poster
NOG Maniac Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxtron Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:53 am

THEPUNISHER20 wrote:Round the NFS World Hot Lap Nfsw0312

Unfortunately, this picture shows that you're off the track. Rule 3 does state that you mustn't take any other route; only the one marked in blue. The section you're on here is marked in red (a don't drive zone). I've also marked every short cut on the map in red (unless I'm missing something here) also making them don't drive zones.

I certainly don't wanna seem like a hard ass or too pedantic, but it's only fair if everyone drives the exact same track. I'm sorry but this time won't count. Crying or Very sad
Daxtron
Daxtron
N.O.G. MODERATOR
N.O.G. MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by THEPUNISHER20 Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:15 am

Daxtron wrote:
THEPUNISHER20 wrote:Round the NFS World Hot Lap Nfsw0312

Unfortunately, this picture shows that you're off the track. Rule 3 does state that you mustn't take any other route; only the one marked in blue. The section you're on here is marked in red (a don't drive zone). I've also marked every short cut on the map in red (unless I'm missing something here) also making them don't drive zones.

I certainly don't wanna seem like a hard ass or too pedantic, but it's only fair if everyone drives the exact same track. I'm sorry but this time won't count. Crying or Very sad

can I do it again?
THEPUNISHER20
THEPUNISHER20
NOG Maniac Poster
NOG Maniac Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalToxinz Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:41 am

Daxtron wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, step right up for the longest lap in NFSW! If you've ever wanted to test your skills as a driver and also see just how good your cars really are, then this is the event for you. Or, if you just want to have some fun then its all good too.

The track:
Round the NFS World Hot Lap 8945658e1-1

The course is marked clearly in blue. The out of bounds areas are marked clearly in red. The start/finish line is at the end of the road leading from Silverton and is marked as a green line. Almost every turn is a right turn with 3 exeptions. There are 3 green circles clearly marking these - 1st is just after the Verona Tunnel, 2nd is at the Exhibition Centre and the 3rd circle is just after The Projects. This last one marks that you should not turn at all, and instead continue straight. If in doubt, the video of me completing the run is almost exactly 17 minutes is at the bottom of this post.

The rules are simple and as follows:
1. Any tier car is allowed and can be modified in any way you wish*.
2. No powerups to be used at all. Doing so will invalidate your entry. It doesn't matter if you crash into a wall or hit some traffic, there are no excuses.
3. Missing out sections or other deviations from the course will also invalidate your entry.
4. Your run should be recorded via any means you wish. If you are unable to take videos, please note on the map where the pink circles are. At these points you will need to take a screenshot of you going through them to help prove your time. Remember: I know roughly when you should pass these, so please don't try to cheat (although I don't think any of you peeps would do that)
5. Your run MUST be completed in normal free roam, although you will be allowed to have free roam filter on if you so wish.
6. Images and videos should not be edited in any way, with the only exception to doubling the speed of a video.
7. You will only attempt this lap in an anti-clockwise direction.
8. The competition is only currently open to NOG members. It does not matter if you're in a crew or not.

Thats about it. I don't yet have a prize for this competition, but that may change. I'll leave this challenge open for a while so that it gives everyone a chance to not only practice the course, but to also record and post it.

*I was going to seperate the tiers to have a leaderboard for each one, but after running a 16:18.10 in my 911 GT2, and 16:27.67 in my Eclipse GS-T, the times should be fairly close anyway.

At the Rockport Airport.........that roundabout..... I see Two blue routes so does that mean you can choose which one you want to take
LethalToxinz
LethalToxinz
NOG Forums Big Poster
NOG Forums Big Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxtron Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:59 am

LethalToxinz wrote:At the Rockport Airport.........that roundabout..... I see Two blue routes so does that mean you can choose which one you want to take
Yep, you can. I've timed it and the difference in paths round there is very insignificant. Just remember to go the correct way round the stadium, so it might be easier to stay on the right hand side of the road to go round.

THEPUNISHER20 wrote:can I do it again?
Of course Punisher. You can take as many attempts at this as you'd like. It'll be a leaderboard that I'll update as and when times come in. If you get a faster time, I'll alter the leaderboard accordingly Smile
Daxtron
Daxtron
N.O.G. MODERATOR
N.O.G. MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by trickeh2k Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:28 am

kewl! might do this when i get back home... perhaps i'll record it too. gotta check my hdd space though since im guessing recording in 1080p for 16-18 mins might mean i eand up with a quite huge file. Gonna take a while to render and compress that one too, lol Razz

Ifi record a video i dont have to make any ss, right?

trickeh2k
NOG Forums Regular
NOG Forums Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by DogManDan Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:31 am

I would say video is the preferred method
DogManDan
DogManDan
Site Founder/Admin
Site Founder/Admin

http://people.ign.com/nog-dogmandan http://www.nogcommunity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxtron Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:35 am

DogManDan wrote:I would say video is the preferred method
trickeh2k wrote:Ifi record a video i dont have to make any ss, right?

Correct on both counts. I record all my videos in HD but then use Windows Media Maker just to do a quick conversion & to double the speed of the playback. The resulting size was something like 500MB, so it took longer to upload it than record and convert it. But then again, that's just because my internet connection isn't what one would call lightning quick. Surprised
Daxtron
Daxtron
N.O.G. MODERATOR
N.O.G. MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by trickeh2k Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:39 am

Daxtron wrote:
DogManDan wrote:I would say video is the preferred method
trickeh2k wrote:Ifi record a video i dont have to make any ss, right?

Correct on both counts. I record all my videos in HD but then use Windows Media Maker just to do a quick conversion & to double the speed of the playback. The resulting size was something like 500MB, so it took longer to upload it than record and convert it. But then again, that's just because my internet connection isn't what one would call lightning quick. Surprised

This file was about 4GB if i remember correctly and then ended up just above 300mb. It's the conversion that takes time for me, dont wanna loose too much quality. Upload is quite fast since im got at least 15mbit upstream Smile

trickeh2k
NOG Forums Regular
NOG Forums Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by trickeh2k Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:56 pm

Umm... okey, question. How do i get my time? Just realized after i started the race Razz

trickeh2k
NOG Forums Regular
NOG Forums Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxtron Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:04 pm

This is something else I thought of. I simply used my iPhone to use as a timer, but I can also determine what your time is from the video. If you leave the speed as you've recorded it, i'll simply time you from the moment you move off to the time you pass the finish mark. If you adjust the speed of your video (make sure it's only doubled), I'll simply time you and then double the length of that time. Of course, that method isn't 100% accurate, but it'll be within a few 10ths of a second.
Daxtron
Daxtron
N.O.G. MODERATOR
N.O.G. MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by trickeh2k Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:03 pm

Ok, here goes. Lotsa crashing! Very Happy

EDIT: wtf... the clip turned out to be 0:59!? Was it too long? Sad
EDIT2: lol, i uploaded the wrong file. no wonder it was so quick to upload Razz
EDIT3: Uploaded!

trickeh2k
NOG Forums Regular
NOG Forums Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by trickeh2k Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:50 pm

15:49-50 i reckon?

trickeh2k
NOG Forums Regular
NOG Forums Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalToxinz Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:08 am

But what if your going at high speeds and go into a shortcut by mistake.....will your entry still count
LethalToxinz
LethalToxinz
NOG Forums Big Poster
NOG Forums Big Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxtron Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:43 am

LethalToxinz wrote:But what if your going at high speeds and go into a shortcut by mistake.....will your entry still count

No. You're in control of the car so it's up to you to make sure you're following the route. If you're going fast, then just slow down. I'm not including my current laps because of this very reason. I've made sure taking shortcuts is forbidden so then it's a real test of your driving and the performance of the car you choose.

trickeh2k wrote:15:49-50 i reckon?
I got the very same time when I just timed it. Great lap by the way Smile
Daxtron
Daxtron
N.O.G. MODERATOR
N.O.G. MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by trickeh2k Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:28 am

Theres room for improvements though, I could probably shave off at least 15 sec. Don't think I'll bother though. Was really nervous when I was on the highway, didn't wanna miss the exit, you'll notice me nervously checking the map from time to time Razz Oh, word of advise - block any incoming invitations ;P

trickeh2k
NOG Forums Regular
NOG Forums Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalToxinz Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:55 pm

Today I did a practice run before my final run and boy does this challenge need a car with superb handiling

I tried it with my Skyline but it was no match.....I just kept on hitting wall after wall

But now im going to use my RX-7 because of its handiling

I predict my time will be 18:34
LethalToxinz
LethalToxinz
NOG Forums Big Poster
NOG Forums Big Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next