Night Owls Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Personal Evaluation

Go down

Personal Evaluation Empty Personal Evaluation

Post by DogManDan Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:11 am

Okay, so its very interesting the game has a nice amount in terms of variety in cars, some good concepts for tracks (real and created), the graphics are great and the sounds are good.

Now in terms of actual simulation - NO. This game is far off from a real vehicle/track driving experience. Control response is sluggish at best with a steering wheel, and the Dead Zone correction options just don't exist. You can change sensitivity but that is it.

I found that while doing an uphill climb race the steering wheel response/lag was roughly 3-5 seconds before it did something, control itself had me all over the road as the slightest twitch sends the car in the wrong direction. For realism the car given does not match the type of track run. Road or not an uphill climb should be with rally cars and not a GT2/GT3 car which can't handle sharp curves.

After that track and sick of running the created Simbin track I went to the options to test the wheel and found even when I steered left the game responded with it going partially right then left. In turn the same occurs with the opposite a right turn will show it go left before going right. In some instances it went totally in the wrong direction or just did not respond.

The steering wheel works great in every other simulation game I race (simraceway, shift, F1, etc.) but falls short in this game. Keyboard and controller options are pretty bad as well.

For the track there are road bumps to keep you from cutting the track, which is fine, however in general if for any reason even 1 tire drifts off the track it is a DQ for that lap. Real track rule would not DQ you for a slight run off.

Anyway for now I am not really impressed with the state of the beta, though others may have a different opinion I have uninstalled it at this point.
DogManDan
DogManDan
Site Founder/Admin
Site Founder/Admin

http://people.ign.com/nog-dogmandan http://www.nogcommunity.com

Back to top Go down