Night Owls Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parts drop algorithm

+3
Daxtron
DogManDan
whitefoxy
7 posters

Go down

Parts drop algorithm  Empty Parts drop algorithm

Post by whitefoxy Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:29 pm

Since awhile back ago the developers did told us we can win parts up to ultra quality. And I found out how to get most chances of winning them. The server algorithm to distribute the parts from won from races is quite complicated. So how to get them? Easy race/te/drag tracks that are not popular. Why?

All parts are distributed on all current active tracks on a hourly basis. For example a very popular track is raced many times the parts are distributed on a wide range thus your chances percentage will be super low. However a track that is raced a few times and isn't popular your chances of part distributed in a shorten range.

Another factor in the chance of winning the parts is the lucky draw During the race the client already pre-rolled a number out of what it is out of what number that was. If the pre-rolled number is greater the server side number you win the part. Thus picking what card on the screen doesn't matter. Example of this is when you race in a group and the message pop up: friend won a part when everyone finish line about the same time. But they didn't picked a card on the draw screen.

Also Finish the the Top 3 get you a better chance by a factor of what number it is. Increasing the chance of winning a part.

In conclusion this is just my insight and theory on how this works but kinda shows on my research during my racing sessions in world. But this theory isn't in concrete cement yet. I played with other MMO that have the same or almost close the same systems.

Other Tip's Race on a short track with a 3 mins minimum to have the farm frequency high in a short period of time. Longer track for example Hasting is not a good track to race because of its low frequency during the time period you spent.
whitefoxy
whitefoxy
NOG Senior Member
NOG Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Parts drop algorithm  Empty Re: Parts drop algorithm

Post by DogManDan Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:56 pm

Yes but hastings was so much fun to race last night..... XD
DogManDan
DogManDan
Site Founder/Admin
Site Founder/Admin

http://people.ign.com/nog-dogmandan http://www.nogcommunity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxtron Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:14 pm

DogManDan wrote:Yes but hastings was so much fun to race last night..... XD

+ over 9000

It'd be really good fun to use identical cars. Level playing field = all kinda of fun shenanigans Smile
Daxtron
Daxtron
N.O.G. MODERATOR
N.O.G. MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by zarny Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:55 pm

i'm in
zarny
zarny
NOG Forums Regular
NOG Forums Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by THEPUNISHER20 Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:43 pm

the TE High Stakes-got the best parts I ever won-
over than 30 ultra parts, over than 40 Pro, over than 50 3/2 star skill modes, over 200 a/m's.. and every time you will be 1st or 2nd, kinda "doesnt matter"
thats the best thing to do-Lots of cash in low time (2 minutes.. worst is 2:30), great part (a/m's, performance, skills) and high change of winning cash over
10K, 20K, 25K or even 1M!
THEPUNISHER20
THEPUNISHER20
NOG Maniac Poster
NOG Maniac Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by zarny Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:14 pm

THEPUNISHER20 wrote:the TE High Stakes-got the best parts I ever won-
over than 30 ultra parts, over than 40 Pro, over than 50 3/2 star skill modes, over 200 a/m's.. and every time you will be 1st or 2nd, kinda "doesnt matter"
thats the best thing to do-Lots of cash in low time (2 minutes.. worst is 2:30), great npart (a/m's, performance, skills) and high change of winning cash over
10K, 20K, 25K or even 1M!

that used used to be true, but not anymore. After last patch I'm not getting the same rewards. I'm willing to bet, now the least popular TEs are better for drops.
zarny
zarny
NOG Forums Regular
NOG Forums Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by XKJGX Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:49 pm

zarny wrote:

that used used to be true, but not anymore. After last patch I'm not getting the same rewards. I'm willing to bet, now the least popular TEs are better for drops.

Home run dropped three parts 2 ultras and 1 pro in a row Twisted Evil
XKJGX
XKJGX
N.O.G. MODERATOR
N.O.G. MODERATOR

http://nfskjg.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by THEPUNISHER20 Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:26 am

XKJGX wrote:

Home run dropped three parts 2 ultras and 1 pro in a row Twisted Evil

WTF LOL Shocked
THEPUNISHER20
THEPUNISHER20
NOG Maniac Poster
NOG Maniac Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sake_Chun Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:19 pm

just ran underground 4 times, all ultra parts in a row, and i came in second in last one, still got ultra part
Sake_Chun
Sake_Chun
NOG Lunatic
NOG Lunatic

https://www.photobucket.com/sakevids

Back to top Go down

Post by zarny Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:23 pm

nice! I am at work so I can't join you and I wish I could B-)
zarny
zarny
NOG Forums Regular
NOG Forums Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sake_Chun Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:25 pm

yep, will have to go to work in about 2 hours, it early morning here
Sake_Chun
Sake_Chun
NOG Lunatic
NOG Lunatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxtron Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:31 pm

Sake_Chun wrote:just ran underground 4 times, all ultra parts in a row, and i came in second in last one, still got ultra part

Dude, I'm not sure how many times it's been mentioned now but a team escape isn't a race. It doesn't matter which position you cross the line in, so long as all drivers cross it before the end. I'll say it again: a TEAM ESCAPE ISN'T A RACE. You ALL need to finish in order to get a gold reward card. You can cross the line first or last, the result is the same.

Therefore, the part drop algorithm for races may not be the same for TE's since everyone comes in first if all finish, second if one person doesn't finish and so on. If more than 1 person is able to receive a "gold" reward, the formula might be different to account for the volume of drivers during an event.
Daxtron
Daxtron
N.O.G. MODERATOR
N.O.G. MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by XKJGX Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:10 pm

Daxtron wrote:

Dude, I'm not sure how many times it's been mentioned now but a team escape isn't a race. It doesn't matter which position you cross the line in, so long as all drivers cross it before the end. I'll say it again: a TEAM ESCAPE ISN'T A RACE. You ALL need to finish in order to get a gold reward card. You can cross the line first or last, the result is the same.

Therefore, the part drop algorithm for races may not be the same for TE's since everyone comes in first if all finish, second if one person doesn't finish and so on. If more than 1 person is able to receive a "gold" reward, the formula might be different to account for the volume of drivers during an event.

+1 Shocked
XKJGX
XKJGX
N.O.G. MODERATOR
N.O.G. MODERATOR

http://nfskjg.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DogManDan Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:13 pm

Okay I think we are straying off topic as this is a theory on the part drop algorithm, not what parts are dropping where since it is different for everyone. Maybe try testing out the theory that Foxy has put down and see what happens, then report back on your findings with a yes or no or maybe a slightly different view. Don't really need to know what parts, how many parts, etc.. you got.
DogManDan
DogManDan
Site Founder/Admin
Site Founder/Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxtron Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:25 pm

Actually, whilst this has been going off topic, I have noticed something - the tracks people have mentioned aren't what would be called popular so the drop rate would be higher, therefore almost confirming what Whitefoxy suggests.

Maybe others can race some of the less popular tracks some more to see if the drop rate really is better, or at least more favourable than the tracks that are jam packed?
Daxtron
Daxtron
N.O.G. MODERATOR
N.O.G. MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sake_Chun Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:59 pm

Daxtron wrote:

i was not saying it mattered on what place... i just said i raced it four times, and i got 4 ultra parts... if i would said that it implied i won them all and i didn't at all...

well i don't race at all with any car at all, but for team escapes and drags.

for team escapes,
the first and second and so on might not matter if all make through.... but what does matter is how popular that team escape is... and what cars are used... if all are same cars, there a more chance the first place gets a pro or ultra part... so there has to be a system for t/e for most/least popular and what cars in t/e bring in best parts...
also all team escapes matter on how many times you have ran that track, if you ran a unpopular track more times, there a grater chance you can win a better part...
that chance goes even higher when everyone finishes the race closer together... if for example someone goes in when the others are 4-5 seconds away, then the next race, same track, they go in not even a second away from each other... the second race has a way better chance of a pro or ultra part ( or high money)

if anyone gets caught in a team escape, the chances of getting a part at all is almost gone... just 1 getting caught once lowers the chance so much the card goes to a lower amount.

as for drags, i have noticed so far that it matters on how close everyone finished closer together and what car and place you were in
Sake_Chun
Sake_Chun
NOG Lunatic
NOG Lunatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DogManDan Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:08 pm

You maybe onto a good theory there Sake about the T/E's. It may be a bit more complicated to calculate the T/E but presumably the better one does as a team (ie. crosses the finish line together) the potential better the loot chance.
DogManDan
DogManDan
Site Founder/Admin
Site Founder/Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxtron Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:11 pm

I would agree in part of the above. Whilst the popularity of an event, along with how close everyone crosses the line in a race, should help determine drop rate, I'm not quite sure why the car used should have an impact. If you mean the performance rather than the make/model, then I'd be inclined to agree: Having 4 cars that are only different by about 6 overall points should certainly yield better results. Also, being the underdog racing against a much more powerful car should give better results.

In regards to T/Es, I'm not sure the same thing would apply. I would instead imagine that the following would affect drop rate:
  • No-one getting caught (C)
  • No-one getting busted (B)
  • Number of Powerups used (Pu)
  • Popularity of the course, and (Po)
  • Difficulty of the course (Di)
  • Number of drivers involved (Dr)
  • Car class restriction (Cr)
  • Private/Group race or open event (Pr)

Maybe then, the formula would be something like:
(Dr x (B + C)) + (Di x Cr) + (Po + Pr + Pu) = drop rate.

For races it would probably be something like:
  • Number of powerups used (Pu)
  • Number of drivers involved (Dr)
  • Popularity of the course (Po)
  • Car class restriction (Cr)
  • Private/Group race or open event (Pr)
  • Difficulty of the course (Di)
  • Difference in car performance (Cp)
  • Difference in finishing times (T)
  • Difference in car class, if possible (Cl)

That formula might end up like:
((Pr x Cl) + Cr) x (Cp + Po + Pu) + (Dr + (T - Di)) = drop rate

Of course, the formulas are probably nothing like the above (my brain isn't working properly right now) but I can't imagine they're much more different.
Daxtron
Daxtron
N.O.G. MODERATOR
N.O.G. MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down