Night Owls Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFS World Maintenance Window - December 13

+4
SwiftDrift27
DogManDan
XKJGX
Daxtron
8 posters

Go down

NFS World Maintenance Window - December 13 Empty NFS World Maintenance Window - December 13

Post by Daxtron Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:54 pm

Purpose:
The purpose of this maintenance window is to deploy server / a game patch to Need for Speed World. Please see Release Notes below.

Date:
December 13, 2012

new info:
Duration:
5 hours
Start: 1pm (13:00) PST – 4pm (16:00) EST – 9pm (21:00) UTC
End: 6pm (18:00) PST – 9pm (21:00) EST – 2am (02:00) UTC

New Features:
- Two new open-class drag events have been added to the game and will be available for daily play (“Skirmish” and “Loop”)
- A new feature called “Race Again” has been added to the Post-race flow. Players can now repeatedly race against the same group of opponents without returning to Free Roam by going through the post-race flow within a specified amount of time.
- Players can now earn Rep and reach Level 60! One free car slot will be unlocked at Level 60 and added to the player’s garage
- Extrapolation improvements have been made to give a more accurate representation of a player’s position and driving behavior during a race or in Free Roam
- New 4-Star Skill Mods have been released! These Skill Mods have the highest range of skill effects in the game, and can be either won from the Lucky Draw or from purchasing various Skill Packs, including the existing Race Skill Pack
- Winter is here! Festive decorations are now visible around the world, including a winter wonderland which can be found at the Forest Green Country Club at the upper right corner of the world
- The Koenigsegg CCXR Edition car has been added to the game and will be available for purchase from the Car Dealer
- New bodykits and hoods have been added to the Aftermarket Shop for various cars

Bug Fixes/Changes:
- Rep and Cash Rewards for Class restricted events have been increased by 20%
- A number of square glyphs appearing throughout text in-game have been fixed
- Fixed an issue where the game would lock when using the social gadget in the post-race screen
Daxtron
Daxtron
N.O.G. MODERATOR
N.O.G. MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

NFS World Maintenance Window - December 13 Empty Re: NFS World Maintenance Window - December 13

Post by XKJGX Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:07 pm

Extrapolation improvements have been made to give a more accurate representation of a player’s position and driving behavior during a race or in Free Roam

Dafaqu does that mean? scratch study Sleep
XKJGX
XKJGX
N.O.G. MODERATOR
N.O.G. MODERATOR

http://nfskjg.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

NFS World Maintenance Window - December 13 Empty Re: NFS World Maintenance Window - December 13

Post by Daxtron Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:11 pm

They'll actually be where they're meant to be on YOUR screen as well as theirs.. Wink
Daxtron
Daxtron
N.O.G. MODERATOR
N.O.G. MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by DogManDan Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:14 pm

NFS World Maintenance Window - December 13 523706_393606957387956_1185213548_n
DogManDan
DogManDan
Site Founder/Admin
Site Founder/Admin

http://people.ign.com/nog-dogmandan http://www.nogcommunity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SwiftDrift27 Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:19 pm

Meh, not that great of a patch, there could have been better features to be added.
SwiftDrift27
SwiftDrift27
NOG Maniac Poster
NOG Maniac Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SRVXOTEMPC4 Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:20 pm

XKJGX wrote:Extrapolation improvements have been made to give a more accurate representation of a player’s position and driving behavior during a race or in Free Roam

Dafaqu does that mean? scratch study Sleep

Sync maybe? scratchconfused
SRVXOTEMPC4
SRVXOTEMPC4
NOG Forums Big Poster
NOG Forums Big Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxtron Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:58 pm

SRVXOTEMPC4 wrote:

Sync maybe? scratchconfused

I'm pretty sure I said:

Daxtron wrote:They'll actually be where they're meant to be on YOUR screen as well as theirs.. Wink

It SHOULD mean better synchronisation. It won't be a reduction in lag, since that factor will often just depend on your connection to the host, so if it's crap, you're gonna get bad lag. What it will hopefully mean is that when you're driving straight down the right-hand side of the road, it won't mean your opponent will see you swerving across the road like a lunatic, and won't then be called a hacker/rammer/noob/asshat.
Daxtron
Daxtron
N.O.G. MODERATOR
N.O.G. MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by SRVXOTEMPC4 Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:57 pm

Drew sort of explained the extrapolation improvement fix.

NFSDrew wrote:The other player’s cars now move much more realistically. This is a difficult thing to do well because we don’t know where a given car is supposed to be, only where it was a short time ago due to network latency. So as with other network games, we need to make an educated guess about where the remote players are based on their last known speed, direction and other data. This is sometimes called “extrapolation” or network “replication”. Our new code for doing this takes into account more information and does a better job of dealing with network latency. Cars now move more smoothly and show realistic suspension movement and wheel angles.

Hopes this sheds a bit more light on the subject. Smile
SRVXOTEMPC4
SRVXOTEMPC4
NOG Forums Big Poster
NOG Forums Big Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by COLTSDUDE1000 Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:01 pm

I think this is an awesome patch. Am so glad they are fixing some of the sync problems. Can't wait till tomorrow.
COLTSDUDE1000
COLTSDUDE1000
NOG Lunatic
NOG Lunatic

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/26130521.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by XKJGX Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:47 pm

COLTSDUDE1000 wrote:I think this is an awesome patch. Am so glad they are fixing some of the sync problems. Can't wait till tomorrow.

You forgot they are adding lag problems as well Crying or Very sad
XKJGX
XKJGX
N.O.G. MODERATOR
N.O.G. MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by whitefoxy Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:23 am

patch is ok but the improvement on sync players is good progression.
whitefoxy
whitefoxy
NOG Senior Member
NOG Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by XKJGX Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:56 pm

whitefoxy wrote:patch is ok but the improvement on sync players is good progression.

It is, I'm tired os seeing people drive all over the road and when I try to pass them, they lag ram me up a wall.

Let's not forget this will also make our smash fests a hell of a lot more fun Twisted Evil
XKJGX
XKJGX
N.O.G. MODERATOR
N.O.G. MODERATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by idkidc1233 Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:06 pm

Sometimes lag ramming is fun though... I mean say we are just racing and somehow I manage to wreck you and flip you onto your hood and get stuck. That happens to me alot, people flip me over by lag ramming me into the wall and making me airborne. It is a nuisance sometimes scratch but I let it slide with a laugh
idkidc1233
idkidc1233
NOG Forums Big Poster
NOG Forums Big Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by idkidc1233 Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:15 pm

Someone edit this into the main update news or just look at this new info:
Duration:
5 hours
Start: 1pm (13:00) PST – 4pm (16:00) EST – 9pm (21:00) UTC
End: 6pm (18:00) PST – 9pm (21:00) EST – 2am (02:00) UTC
idkidc1233
idkidc1233
NOG Forums Big Poster
NOG Forums Big Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DogManDan Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:34 pm

done
DogManDan
DogManDan
Site Founder/Admin
Site Founder/Admin

http://people.ign.com/nog-dogmandan http://www.nogcommunity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SRVXOTEMPC4 Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:33 am

By far the BEST patch!
SRVXOTEMPC4
SRVXOTEMPC4
NOG Forums Big Poster
NOG Forums Big Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down