Night Owls Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFSW Community Spotlight: Jake Neumann and Jon Banks

2 posters

Go down

NFSW Community Spotlight: Jake Neumann and Jon Banks Empty NFSW Community Spotlight: Jake Neumann and Jon Banks

Post by DogManDan Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:16 pm

This week's double-whammy Community Spotlight features 2 brothers who are both long-time fans of NFSW. The fascinating thing about siblings is how similar and different their tastes and preferences can be.

Let's get better acquainted with Jake and Jon from USA!

Tell us about yourself.

My name is Jake Neumann aka GARFORCEII. I am a 20 years old and a school bus driver. I grew up in Cottage Grove, Minnesota, USA. I own most of the NFS titles. For the ones I don't own, I've played it, except Nitro. My favorite is Need For Speed World and I try to play it every day.

How long have you been playing NFSW?

I have been playing since the open beta started and I have been hooked ever since. People who think it is boring now, you have not seen boring. They have brought this game so far in the past year and they keep adding to the game.

What's your favourite car(s) in NFSW?

I have many favs but right now I love the T1 Skyline 2000 GT-R, T2 Mazda RX-7 RZ, and T3 Boss 302. All of them are slammed with wide kits and tall or body curve spoilers. But like I tell everyone, it's hard to choose a favourite from my 72 cars (perhaps more by the time you guys read this)

Your most memorable experience in the game?

Making friends and getting my 2 pursuits that lasted past the 1 hour mark. During the first one, I was on 4 flats for that lasted 8 minutes, while during the second pursuit, I ran out of time to continue. But I evaded on both!

What do you like most about NFSW?

It's hard to pick because of the never ending expansion, but I do like to edit my cars and do some Team Escapes. One thing I don't like is people who ram you dont realize that it is a team effort.

What other console or online games do you play?

I play NFS Hot Pursuit (2010), all the Halo games, Call of Duty Black Ops, Guitar Hero and a few other racing games. My user name in all those games are the same except for Xbox which is G4RFORCEII.

Favourite cars/driving scene in a movie?

I love the Corvette Stingray concept from Transformers: Dark of the Moon and would love to see it in NFSW as it is a concept. And my favourite scenes would be anything from the Fast and Furious movies.

What song or music do you rock out to while playing NFSW?

I like to listen to rock unless I'm playing the game from my car in which case, then I need some bass music. Get some use of the two 12" kickers in the trunk!

When you're not playing NFSW, what else are you up to?

I happen to love racing cars on the track. In my free time, I like to fix and upgrade my personal car, a 2002 Nissan Sentra GXE, which already has a bunch of cool parts on it and a nice sound system. I love to play the game in there because it sounds really amazing. Racing/drifting is really fun too. I also enjoy building custom furniture, hanging with my girlfriend, chatting with my friends from around the States.

Delorean or Hoverboard?

I would have to go with the Delorean. I dig the doors! Sure, it's not so fast with a top speed under 90mph, but it looks cool! Also, I have never been able to skateboard and I might just kill myself on a plank with 4 wheels!

Tell us about yourself.

My name is Jon Banks aka VEXEVIN. I grew up in Billings, Montana. I've been playing Need for Speed games since the first title came out. I love every one of them. I play alot of racing games and by far, I've had the most fun with Need for Speed World, which I play everyday with my friends and family.

How long have you been playing NFSW?

I've been playing since closed beta.

What's your favourite car(s) In NFSW?

At the moment, I'd have to say T1 - 240SX, T2 - Audi A1 and T3 - 911 GT3 RS.

Your most memorable experience in the game?

Making friends.

What do you like most about NFSW?

It's hard to pick. I like how the game is expanding with new things on a regular basis. I love to customize my cars with vinyls. I never really got a bad comment on my cars. I try to "wow the crowd" all the time, so half of the reason why I play is to make my cars look awesome.

What other console or online games do you play?

I play most of the NFS titles on my PS3 and PC. I currently have NFSHP (2010) Shift 1 and 2. I've played other racing MMO's like Heat Online. I like it because of the many game modes and there's always something to do, but it does not compare to NFS's customization options.

Favourite cars/driving scenes in a movie?

Oh boy, lots to pick from! I would have to say TRON: Legacy with the cycle battle. Another would be Tango and Cash when Sylvester Stallone and Kurt Russell drive that Monster SUV. I would love to drive that in a TE on NFSW!

What song or music do you rock out to while playing NFSW?

I listen to techno and mix it up with a little rock and occasionally some stand-up because someitmes, I'd rather just be laughing than winning.

When you're not playing NFSW, what else are you up to?

Facebook! I also play on my PS3 or rock out on my piano.

Delorean or Hoverboard?

Hoverboard all the way! I'd figure out how to use it on my car - make it hover!

If you would like to be profiled or know someone you think would be perfect for NFSW Community Spotlight, shoot an email to ling@needforspeed.com!

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!
DogManDan
DogManDan
Site Founder/Admin
Site Founder/Admin

http://people.ign.com/nog-dogmandan http://www.nogcommunity.com

Back to top Go down

NFSW Community Spotlight: Jake Neumann and Jon Banks Empty Re: NFSW Community Spotlight: Jake Neumann and Jon Banks

Post by NATE1993 Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:11 pm

these two people are actually really good friends of mine and they have deserved this for A LONG TIME!!!!
NATE1993
NATE1993
NOG Forums Regular
NOG Forums Regular

Back to top Go down