Night Owls Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFSW Community Spotlight: Steve from NFS | Challenge

Go down

NFSW Community Spotlight: Steve from NFS | Challenge Empty NFSW Community Spotlight: Steve from NFS | Challenge

Post by DogManDan Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:50 pm

NFSW Community Spotlight: Steve from NFS | Challenge D3986cde

This week, we shine the Community Spotlight onto a community leader who has not only been playing NFSW since beta, but currently has not one, but two level 50 profiles and working on a third. I think it's safe to say that he's addicted to our game. You may know Steve as CrazyCanuck, who when he's not playing NFSW, runs the NFS | Challenge website.

Let's get better acquainted with Steve from Canada!

Tell us about yourself.

My game handle is CrazyCanuck and yes, I am Canadian. My real name is Steve. I am 35 years old and married with a 4 year old son. I currently work for a large ISP in Canada as a Network Operations Technician. I have been playing Need For Speed games for many years now. I still own every game from Underground to the latest release Shift2 and will be buying "The Run" on release day.

I also run my own community and competition site NFS | Challenge. You can also find me on Twitter and YouTube.

How long have you been playing NFSW?

Well, I have been playing World since beta and haven't stopped. I currently have 2 level 50 accounts and a level 40 account. Yep I am addicted to this game. I try and get at least 30 minutes in a day, if I can.

What's your favorite Car(s) in NFSW?

Wow, that's actually a tough question. I have 60+ cars across all 3 profiles, but I have to say I'm a huge Mustang fanatic so the addition of the Boss Mustang made my year.

Your most memorable experience in the game?

When the devs opened up Fortuna and the rest of the world and I spent several hours exploring.

What do you like most about NFSW?

This may sound cheesy, but I'd have to say the amazing people I have met in-game, on my site, as well as, the good folks over at World Garage.

What other console or online games do you play?

I have a PS3 and yep, you guessed it, most of the games I own for that are the Need For Speed games. But I am too addicted to World to boot up my PS3!

Favorite cars or driving scene in a movie?

I have a couple favorite car scenes. In the movie "The Rock", where Nicolas Cage is in a Ferrari chasing Sean Connery in his Hummer. Also, Gone in 60 seconds had some epic chases. And how can Ronin not get a honorable mention? And of course, Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift when they are racing through the streets.

What song or music do you rock out to while playing NFSW?

I like listening to Rage Against The Machine, Linkin Park, Tool - that genre of music but at the same time, I secretly like dance music as well.

When you're not playing NFSW, what else are you up to?

When I am not playing World, or when I'm not at work or hanging out with my family or playing Need For Speed Titles, I dabble in some web development. I have coded a few things using the World API as well. I also play softball during the summer months.

Magnum PI's Ferrari or The Hoff's Trans Am (KITT)?

Magnum's Ferrari was pretty cool, but there is no way that can compete with a talking car that drives itself!

If you would like to be profiled or know someone you think would be perfect for NFSW Community Spotlight, shoot an email to ling@needforspeed.com!

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!
DogManDan
DogManDan
Site Founder/Admin
Site Founder/Admin

http://people.ign.com/nog-dogmandan http://www.nogcommunity.com

Back to top Go down